Chaska, MN 55318
At MedSource Labs, we are committed to improving patient outcomes, providing our customers high-quality products at cost-effective prices. We are a manufacturer of medical products that are sold throughout the world. We are seeking a Project Manager to support the company’s growth through managing projects related to sourcing and/or development of new products to meet customers’ requirements. In addition, the position will provide expertise and assistance in formulating, developing and implementing sourcing and development methodologies, in cooperation with the Product Development Manager and in accordance with FDA regulations.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate sources for new products and/or existing products at a reduced cost
- Coordinates the Private Label branding of current products as requested by sales
- Adhere to sourcing control systems
- Ensures and/or completes sales documentation for new products’ sales
- Coordinate the changing of supplier vendors as needed
- Communicate product specifications for sourcing vendors based upon customer, FDA and customs requirements
- Performs tasks to improve product packaging appearance
- Takes action to improve overall vendor quality, service, delivery and pricing
- Provide technical consultation to suppliers on new products
- Provide technical information regarding product changes and document changes per quality system
- Update inter-departmentally regarding product changes
- Provide training to new personnel as needed
- Maintain and monitor samples and sample log
- International and domestic travel required
- Manage and update reports monthly
- Develop and document timelines for development of medical devices
- Work directly with sales and executive teams to understand and properly enter profitable markets with innovative, patient-oriented products
- Manage development projects through budgeting, financing, design, engineering, regulatory approval, manufacturing and marketing requirements
- Develop a high-level understanding of relevant product lines including current market conditions, key cost drivers and global supply base
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience preferred
Working Knowledge: Basic understanding of Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and PowerPoint. Good written and verbal communication skills. Basic knowledge of the medical device industry and the FDA and ISO regulatory requirements for design controls. CAD experience and technical drawing experience a plus.
Physical Demand: Ability to see and feel physical product characteristics. Ability to lift and transfer up to 25 lbs.
Delegation: Ability to delegate and follow up on tasks required of other departments within the company as needed to complete project scope.
MedSource Labs is a leading medical product developer and supplier specializing in high-quality products and innovative medical product development. By delivering top-quality products and solutions at cost-effective prices, MedSource Labs has been helping improve patient outcomes since 2002. The privately held company, headquartered in Chaska, Minnesota, serves health care professionals including emergency medical providers, hospitals and surgical centers, veterinarian and dental providers, and government agencies.