Chanhassen, MN 55317
At MedSource Labs, we are committed to improving patient outcomes, providing our customers high-quality products at cost-effective prices. We are a manufacturer of medical products that are sold throughout the world. We are seeking a Supply Chain
Buyer to join our team. The Supply Chain Buyer is responsible for creating purchase orders and maintaining and monitoring optimum inventory levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Place weekly purchase orders based upon PORG generation and product knowledge.
• Identify product cost saving through price negotiation, creative order scheduling and placement.
• Prepare and publish weekly Vessel Report, Container Schedule for Distribution Centers and run the past due purchase order report daily to assure late shipment dates are updated in the system.
• Confirm shipments and manage information in P21 regarding the shipment of product in process.
• Manages Inventory level to company targets.
• Identify process improvement opportunities and discusses them with the Purchasing Team.
• Advises management and the sales team of potential product delivery issues.
• Maintains strong working relationships with suppliers.
• Completes other assignments as directed by the Supply Chain Operations Management Team.
Education: BS/BA Degree or Equivalent.
Certification by APICS or Institute for Supply Management is desirable.
1-3 years related experience preferred.
Strong computer skills:
• MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Capable of working with others at all levels of organization.
• Strong project management skills; able to manage and execute a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Detail oriented, organized and focused on quality.
• Flexible and creative; able to handle changing priorities.
• Proactive, service-oriented attitude.
MedSource Labs is a leading medical product developer and supplier specializing in high-quality products and innovative medical product development. By delivering top- quality products and solutions at cost-effective prices, MedSource Labs has been helping improve patient outcomes since 2002. The privately held company, headquartered in Chanhassen, Minnesota, serves health care professionals including emergency medical providers, hospitals and surgical centers, veterinarian and dental providers, and government agencies.