Chanhassen, MN 55317
At MedSource Labs, we are committed to improving patient outcomes, providing our customers high- quality products at cost-effective prices. We are a manufacturer of medical products that are sold throughout the world. We are seeking a Supply Chain Logistics Supervisor to support our Supply Chain
Team. Primary responsibilities include coordinating with freight forwarders to ensure timely deliveries and leading a bi-annual Request for Price (RFP) process for import shipments to maintain cost saving measures. This position will also oversee the receiving and Cycle Count process to ensure inventory accuracy while helping to continue to provide superior Customer Service.
• Manage Bi-Annual shipping RFP process with new and existing freight forwarders.
• Provide regular recommendations to Management of key vendors to utilize.
• Review and approve freight invoices to ensure forwarders are meeting pre-approved shipping cost.
• Coordinate with Supply Chain Manager on other logistical issues, as appropriate. Oversee the timeliness and accuracy of Container receiving processes.
• Work with International vendors to manage the Supply Chain process.
• Ensure the accuracy and upkeep of inbound container filings.
• Work closely with Warehouse Supervision to ensure containers are processed and materials ship in a timely and efficient manner.
• Manage the Cycle Count process and weekly reporting metrics. Works closely with Warehouse Leadership to ensure counts are completed on a regular and timely basis.
• Publish weekly accuracy reports based upon Unit Count Accuracy and Dollar accuracy.
• Manage inter-warehouse and inter- company transfer process.
• Identify process and reporting improvements to improve operational efficiencies.
• Build effective internal relationships with other departmental leaders and support personnel.
• Build and maintain relationships with freight forwarders.
• Provide developmental and mentoring opportunities with key staff.
• Analyze Inventory, purchasing duties, and other projects, as assigned by departmental leadership.
• Education: BS/BA Degree or Equivalent. Certification by APICS or Institute for Supply Management is desirable.
• Experience: 1 – 2 years of related experience in International Logistics.
• Working knowledge of Logistics and Inventory Management practices, price negotiation and ERP system use for managing assigned Suppliers and Freight Forwarders. Strong inter-personal skills.
MedSource Labs is a leading medical product developer and supplier specializing in high-quality products and innovative medical product development. By delivering top-quality products and solutions at cost-effective prices, MedSource Labs has been helping improve patient outcomes since 2002. The privately held company, headquartered in Chanhassen, Minnesota, serves health care professionals including emergency medical providers, hospitals and surgical centers, veterinarian and dental providers, and government agencies.